UNESCO Youth Eyes On The Silk Roads International Photo Contest 2023
Are you someone who is passionate about photography and loves to capture the beauty of the world through your camera’s lens? If yes, then a perfect opportunity awaits you to showcase your talent to the world. The UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads photo contest is back for its 5th edition, inviting young people aged 14 to 25 years old from around the world to participate. The UNESCO photo contest promotes photography as a means to encourage cultural interaction, mutual understanding, and peace among people living in regions connected by the Silk Roads. Don’t miss this chance to share your vision with the world!
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) is an organization of the United Nations that aims to promote international collaboration through education, science, and culture. Silk Road Programs are initiatives started by UNESCO to promote cultural exchange and cooperation among the countries along the ancient Silk Road. These programs aim to preserve and promote the cultural heritage of the Silk Road and enhance mutual understanding among different cultures. The Silk Roads were ancient trade routes that connected civilizations and allowed the exchange of goods, ideas, languages, and cultures. They stretched from East Asia to the Iberian Peninsula, passing through Central Asia, North Africa, and Europe.
This year’s themes are Architecture, Monuments, and Urbanism. Photographers interested in participating can capture the grandeur of ancient cities along the Silk Roads. They can show the world internal architecture and designs of historical monuments, places, and a combination of architectural styles and motifs found in Silk Roads cities. Today, some modern cities and monuments reflect the legacy of these routes. The impact of urbanism and architecture on people and communities along the Silk Roads is also important to consider. Architecture and urbanism can play a role in promoting sustainable development and preserving cultural heritage along these routes.
- Soccer Fanatics Wanted! Join the Exclusive UEFA EURO Volunteer Program 2024 in Germany and Live the Dream
This international photo contest provides an excellent opportunity for young photographers to gain recognition and contribute to the preservation of their cultural heritage. UNESCO Photo Contest 2023 is a chance to showcase your talent and creativity while promoting cultural diversity and heritage. However, time is running out, so apply as soon as possible. Make sure you are ready to show the world what you can and take advantage of this unique opportunity. The world is waiting for you to showcase your talent and creativity. So, don’t miss out on the chance to make a difference!
UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
Themes of the 2023 Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest:
Architecture, Monuments, and Urbanism are the themes for the UNESCO photo contest this year.
No. of Awards:
The UNESCO photo contest has two categories and a total of 6 awards.
Announcement of Theme Winners:
- Winners of the UNESCO photography contest will be revealed in September 2023.
Benefits of UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
- This contest will provide an opportunity for young photographers to showcase their talent.
- It will encourage creativity and innovation in photography.
- It will provide a chance to win professional or semi-professional cameras, which can be expensive to purchase.
- The first award for the winners will be a professional-grade digital single-lens reflex camera complete with an 18-55mm lens.
- The second award will be a semi-professional digital camera.
- The third award will be a digital camera.
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
- Participants from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- The contest is open to people between the ages of 14 and 25 years old.
- There are two categories: 14 to 17 years old and 18 to 25 years old.
- Minors must have written permission from their legal guardians to confirm their participation in the contest.
- To participate, entrants must have access to the Internet.
- Participation is strictly personal, and the entrant cannot enter the contest on behalf of another person.
Guidelines for Photos Before Submission:
- The photos should showcase architecture, monuments, and urbanism related to the Silk Roads theme.
- Only minor edits to the photos are allowed, such as adjusting brightness, contrast, cropping, or color balance. Any such changes must be clearly described in the image’s description.
- The photos must not reveal any personal information about the photographer.
- Participants must submit high-quality photos that can be printed on various media if selected for exhibitions.
- The organizer has the right to remove any photo that does not meet the contest’s criteria.
Terms and Conditions for Submitting Photos:
- Participants must certify that they are the sole copyright holder of all submitted photographs and that they are original.
- Participants have the power to authorize the use of their photographs.
- By submitting a photo, participants authorize its release on the organizer’s website and its partners’ websites, as well as social media platforms, without compensation. The photos will not be used for commercial purposes without authorization.
- The organizer will state the names of the photo contest winners in all publications.
- Participants grant the organizer the right to use their name and likeness for publicity purposes.
- The photos should be credited to the photographer and UNESCO.
- Any disputes related to the contest will be referred to arbitration following UNCITRAL rules.
How to Apply for UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
- To apply, create an account on the competition website provided.
- Then complete the application form with due care.
- Afterward, upload a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 20 photos to the online application.
- Submit the application form along with the photos.
- Wait for confirmation of the submission of your application.