Take The Lead In TV Production: Assistant Programme Editor Role At etv
etv, the first free-to-air commercial television station in South Africa, has experienced remarkable growth since its launch in October 1998. Initially offering only six hours of broadcast time daily, the channel quickly expanded to an entire 24-hour programming schedule.
The diverse appeal of etv’s content has garnered a loyal viewership encompassing people of all ages, races, and income groups, reaching a staggering 80.5% of the South African population.
Vacancy: Assistant Programme Editor At etv
Are you passionate about television and wish to expand your experience behind the cameras? etv seeks to recruit an Assistant Programme Editor.
The Assistant Programme Editor, in collaboration with the Programme Editor, will assume responsibility for the editorial content of the program. Their duties include:
- Creating the program rundown and making crucial editorial decisions on a minute-by-minute basis.
- Collaborating with the Programme Editor to make key editorial judgments.
- Producing high-quality editorial content.
- Ensuring the inclusion of top-notch on-air guests and discussions.
- Enhancing the program’s creativity and editorial approach.
- Delivering high-quality news programming.
- Conducting a thorough quality review of all on-air content before broadcasting.
- Demonstrating effective communication skills at all levels.
- Leading pre- and post-production meetings in the absence of the Programme Editor.
- Creating captivating programming.
- Developing unique content.
- Requesting specific content for shows.
- Possessing excellent knowledge of South African and global issues.
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of legal and ethical considerations related to television broadcasts.
- Implementing rundown changes as instructed by the Programme Editor.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the Editorial Team to secure fresh content for broadcasts.
Requirements: Assistant Programme Editor
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Television and/or Media Studies (Essential).
- Experience: 7 years in Television Production and/or as an Assistant Programme Editor (Essential).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
How To Apply:
To apply, click HERE.