Social Worker Vacancies Available In Manchester, England
Manchester City Council UK is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join their team as a Children’s Social Worker. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families in Manchester. The role offers a competitive salary range of £32,909 to £36,298 and provides various benefits and opportunities for professional development.
Social Work Qualification and Registration with Social Work England
To be considered for this role, candidates must possess a recognized social work qualification and be registered with Social Work England. This ensures that the individual meets the professional standards required to practice as a social worker.
Essential Car User Allowance and Driving Licence Requirement
The successful candidate will be designated as an Essential Car User and must hold a full valid driving licence at all times. This is necessary as the role may involve travel within the community to conduct home visits and attend meetings. The Essential Car User Allowance will be provided to cover the costs associated with using a personal vehicle for work purposes.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and DBS Check
As part of the application process, appointable candidates will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is in compliance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, amended in 2013.
The confidentiality of information obtained during the DBS check will be maintained according to the DBS Code of Practice. Manchester City Council has a policy on the Employment of Ex-Offenders, which is available upon request.
Join Manchester City Council and Make a Difference
Manchester City Council is committed to creating a thriving and connected city that is fair and a great place to live.
By joining the council as a Children’s Social Worker, you will contribute to this vision and have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of children and families in need.
The council values the work of social workers and provides a supportive and nurturing work environment.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- Pursue Your Dreams with Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2023/2024 at University of Cambridge, UK
- Calling All International Students: Huge Scholarships and Awards In CANADA Up for Grabs
Benefits and Opportunities
Manchester City Council offers a range of benefits and opportunities to support the professional growth and well-being of its employees. Some of the benefits include:
- Manageable and diverse caseload aligned with experience and skills
- Opportunities for skills development and exploring areas of interest
- Clear career pathways and opportunities for progression
- Regular supervision and learning from practice audits
- Bespoke learning and development programme
- Opportunities for specialization in areas such as migrant children, complex safeguarding, or disability teams
- Supportive management and leadership team
- Accessible free parking near locality offices
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote working and mobile technology
- Employee assistance programme and staff awards for excellence
- Local Government Pension Scheme, travel discounts, cycle to work scheme, and more.
If you are a dedicated and passionate Children’s Social Worker looking for a fulfilling role within a supportive team, then this opportunity with Manchester City Council is for you. To apply or find out more information, please visit the Manchester City Council website or contact their HR department.