Nomfundo Moh Biography: Real Name, Age, Early Life and Education, Music Career
Nomfundo Moh is a prominent South African Afro-pop singer and songwriter. She has made a significant impact in the music industry with her soulful voice and captivating songwriting.
She was born on July 18, 2000. As of 2023, she is 23 years old.
Nomfundo Moh Early Life and Education
Born and raised in Ndwendwe, KwaZulu-Natal, Nomfundo Moh’s journey began in her hometown.
She pursued her early education at Intaphuka Primary School.
Later, she furthered her academic pursuits at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, where she earned a Bachelor of Social Worker Degree.
Nomfundo Moh’s love for singing blossomed during her school years.
She actively participated in singing competitions and talent shows, showcasing her raw talent and vocal prowess.
Nomfundo honed her skills by performing covers and freestyles, setting the stage for her future in the music industry.
Remarkably, she started writing her own songs at the age of 16 in 2016.
Rise to Prominence
Nomfundo Moh’s breakthrough came with a record deal from Universal Music, propelling her to stardom.
Her debut studio album, “Amagama” (2020), achieved Platinum status as recognized by the Recording Industry of South Africa (RiSA).
The album featured commercially successful singles such as “Phakade Lami,” “Lilizela,” and “Umthwalo.”
Nomfundo Moh Career Milestones
- In September 2020, Nomfundo Moh embarked on her journey to create her debut studio album.
- In 2020, she signed a significant record deal with Universal Music South Africa.
- February 2021 marked a turning point in her career with the release of the breakthrough single, “Lilizela.” Her single achieved Platinum certification in South Africa.
- June 2021 witnessed the release of the album’s second single, “Umthwalo.”
- On October 7, 2021, her third single, “Phakade Lami,” featuring Ami Faku and Sha Sha, debuted at number 1 on Metro FM Top 40 Charts. It also became number 4 on Most Popular Radio Singles, eventually achieving a remarkable 6× platinum status in South Africa.
Debut Album Release
Nomfundo Moh’s debut studio album, “Amagama,” dropped on January 28, 2022.
The album showcased a diverse blend of musical genres, including R’n’B, Traditional pop, and hip-hop. “Amagama” peaked at number 7 on Spotify album charts.
Recognition and Achievements
- In early March 2022, Moh was featured by Apple Music on the Africa Rising program.
- On April 13, she was named the Equal Africa Ambassador by Spotify.
- May 2022 marked her feature on the Shay’na nge White Star campaign.
Second Studio Album
In March 2023, Nomfundo Moh made an exciting announcement about her second studio album, titled “Ugcobo.”
The lead single, “Amalobolo,” featuring Big Zulu, was released on March 10, 2023. Following that, “Uthando Lunye” was revealed as the second single on April 25, 2023, via her Instagram account.
“Ugcobo” itself was released on May 26, 2023. It achieved the remarkable feat of amassing 1 million streams in less than a week after its release.
Nomfundo Moh Influences
Nomfundo Moh draws inspiration from influential artists such as Brenda Fassie, Ami Faku, and Amanda Black. These artists have contributed to shaping her unique musical style and artistic expression.