Job Opportunity: Become A Specialist Java Developer (Voice) At ABSA
Unlock your potential and shape your professional journey with Absa Bank Limited. With a rich history spanning over 100 years, Absa is a local bank with extensive regional and international expertise. Joining the Absa family means becoming part of a dynamic growth trajectory and playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of this proudly African group.
Specialist Java Developer (Voice) Job Summary
The selected candidate will leverage critical thinking and problem-solving skills to actively contribute throughout the entire development lifecycle. They will be responsible for swiftly producing well-structured, optimised, and well-documented source code to deliver scalable, high-performing, enterprise-grade applications.
Specialist Java Developer (Voice) Job Description
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking, and problem-solving skills within an agile team environment to address technical challenges (Front End, Back End, or Middleware) by delivering high-quality solutions.
- Contribute to all stages of the development lifecycle, including evaluation, analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development, and recommendations to ensure operational feasibility.
- Efficiently produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code to deliver robust technical solutions.
- Ensure that designs and solutions align with technical, and organisational principles such as self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability, and resilience.
- Apply established design patterns and paradigms to deliver effective technical solutions.
- Support the development of CI/CD Pipelines by creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar tools, and deploying applications to multi-site Kubernetes environments, taking ownership of application management until production deployment.
- Utilize and configure modern observability techniques, leveraging technologies such as aggregated logging (ELK stack), metrics (Prometheus/Grafana/NewRelic), and tracing (Zipkin/Jaeger).
- Automate tasks using appropriate tools and scripting languages like Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Debug existing source code and refine feature sets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and fellow developers to enhance and evolve technical products and services.
- Ensure alignment of all application development and processes with Group Architecture and Infrastructure guidelines.
- Provide input to project and program teams, as necessary, to effectively plan and manage the development lifecycle, including releases, risk management, testing, and integration.
- Perform reviews, monitor performance, continuously optimize, and maintain applications.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and development practices, continuously enhancing existing knowledge and skills to be prepared for diverse experiences, such as Secure Side, Testing, and Infrastructure solutions.
- Conduct peer reviews, testing, and problem-solving activities within the team and across departments.
- Support the people change teams in developing user materials for customer, employee, and third-party adoption.
Risk & Governance
- Identify technical risks and implement mitigation strategies throughout the entire development process, from pre-release to post-release.
- Update and design application documentation to align with the organization’s technical standards and risk/governance frameworks.
- Participate in incident management and disaster recovery activities, utilizing critical thinking, problem-solving, and technical expertise to address major incidents.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
How To Apply
To apply, click HERE.
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In accordance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to qualified candidates from designated groups. Their appointments will contribute to achieving equitable demographic representation in the workforce and promoting diversity within the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised position.