Exciting Opportunity: William Radcliffe is Hiring A Company Secretary
William Radcliffe, a leading provider of advisory, administration, and governance services to Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP) schemes, Community Development Trusts, and Companies, is seeking a motivated individual to join their team on a fixed-term or permanent contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to various company secretariat and administrative functions within companies and Trusts.
Company Secretary Key Responsibilities
The selected individual will be responsible for the following duties:
- Board/Trust Meeting Planning and Preparation:
- Schedule and plan meetings for boards and trusts.
- Prepare necessary documents and materials for meetings.
- Meeting Attendance and Minute-Taking:
- Attend board and trust meetings.
- Take accurate minutes of the proceedings.
- Maintenance of Statutory Registers and Company Secretarial Documents:
- Manage and update statutory registers such as the company register and share register.
- Maintain and organise company secretarial documents, including attendance registers, meeting minutes, and resolutions.
- Coordination of Deliveries, Service Providers, and Training:
- Coordinate deliveries and services required for the smooth functioning of the organisation.
- Facilitate training sessions as needed.
- General Office Administration:
- Support day-to-day administrative tasks within the office.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A legal or financial degree, diploma, or CGISA qualification is advantageous.
- More than 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the Companies Act, King IV, and the Trust Property Control Act.
- Familiarity with E-Sec/Accfin or company secretariat software is advantageous.
- Understanding of ESOPs and Community Development Trusts is beneficial.
William Radcliffe Company Secretary: Desirable Attributes
William Radcliffe seeks an individual who demonstrates the following qualities:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Independent critical thinker and problem solver.
- Professional behaviour and adherence to sober habits.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn.
- Confidence and the ability to work well in a team environment.
If you are looking to grow your career in the field of advisory, administration, and governance services, and meet the above requirements, click HERE to apply.
The remuneration package will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the contracting model agreed upon.