DAAD Scholarships: Pursue Postgraduate Studies in Germany for International Graduates
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a life-changing opportunity for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialised countries. To foster academic growth and international collaboration, the DAAD scholarships allow recipients to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university. In exceptional cases, doctoral degrees are also supported. This comprehensive program enables students to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany while gaining invaluable academic and professional experience.
- Central Queensland University RTP Scholarship 2023-24: Fully Funded Opportunity for Master’s and PhD Students
DAAD Scholarships Eligible Fields of Study
The DAAD scholarships cater to various disciplines, encompassing diverse fields of study. These include:
- Economic Sciences
- Business Administration
- Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Media Studies.
Prospective students can explore the complete list of postgraduate courses and their application deadlines for 2023/24 and 2024/25 on the official DAAD website.
Number of DAAD Scholarships and Target Group
While the number of scholarships is limited, the DAAD aims to provide opportunities to as many deserving students as possible. These scholarships are specifically intended for students from eligible countries, emphasizing inclusivity and diversity.
Scholarship Benefits and Duration
Successful recipients of the DAAD scholarship can enjoy a variety of benefits to support their academic journey. These include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates. Additionally, the scholarship covers health, accident, and personal liability insurance expenses. Recipients are also granted a travel allowance unless these expenses are already covered by their home country or another funding source.
The duration of the scholarship varies depending on the level of study. For Master’s programs, the scholarship duration ranges from 12 to 24 months, depending on the specific institution. For students pursuing a PhD, the scholarship is granted for 42 months, allowing ample time for in-depth research and academic exploration.
Eligibility Criteria for the DAAD Scholarships in Germany
- Eligibility criteria for the DAAD scholarship:
- Employment by a public authority, state, or private company in a developing country.
- Involvement in planning and executing projects related to development policies.
- Work focuses on technological, economic, or social areas.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject.
- Above-average academic performance.
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience after obtaining the first degree.
- Academic degrees should not be more than six years old.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- For courses taught in German:
- Pass the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before starting studies.
- Mandatory proof of minimum German language level B1 at the time of application.
- For courses taught in English:
- Demonstrate adequate language skills as per program regulations.
- For courses taught in German:
Applicants must apply directly to the respective courses they wish to pursue. The official DAAD website provides comprehensive information on the application procedure, required documents, and application deadlines. The deadlines for submission vary depending on the specific courses but generally fall between August and October 2023.
To ensure a smooth application process, candidates are strongly encouraged to review the frequently asked questions (FAQs) section and consult the 2024/2025 brochure on the official website. These resources offer valuable insights and guidance for potential scholarship recipients.