Deadline: June 20, 2023
Applications are open for the Africa for Sustainable Development Fellowship 2023. The aim of the Africa Sustainable Development Fellowship is to advance integrated training on the implementation of the SDGs, and AU Agenda 2063, which are mutually reinforcing. To that end, the Fellowship provides a learning platform for follow-up and review of progress and challenges in the implementation of the two Agendas, while strengthening learning and advocating effective policy measures and actions.
The Fellowship makes important contributions to bolstering multi-stakeholder engagement and synergies and promoting concerted efforts to implement and achieve the development objectives of the two Agendas. Smart Talk Café in collaboration with Development Coalition of Africa, Anika Initiative and Route 2030 invites interested applicants for the 2023 Africa for Sustainable Development Fellows program.
With one-third of the 2030 Agenda journey already complete, it is time to examine Africa’s progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) so far as well as assess what adjustments to strategies are needed to overcome the remaining obstacles. The SDGs provide time-bound targets in key sectors—including health, education, employment, energy, infrastructure, and the environment—for all nations to achieve. There is need to achieve these targets larger than in Africa. While progress in some areas and countries is encouraging, overall, the region will need to redouble its efforts if it is to achieve the SDGs by 2030. To be successful, there is need for effective and coordinated partnerships to domesticate the SDGs.
- All applicants will be awarded with a certificate of completion of fellowship.
- Networking, Alumni engagement for sustainable development.
- Applicants should be between 18-35 years at the time of the application.
- Should be a national of an African country.
- Should be a resident of that county/region.
- Should be running or willing to run an SDGs initiative within their community.
- Applicability of the initiative to meet the SDGs.
- Have a good understanding of sustainable development.
- Ability to train and organize other youths and organizations on sustainable development.
- Has demonstrated leadership in the community.
- Be available for the 3-month duration of the fellowship.
For more information, visit Africa for Sustainable Development Fellowship.